Welcome to the York Neighborhood Association Website!
Revised 2018-02-17 1318
The York Neighborhood Association (YNA) exists to preserve and enhance the community and engage citizens in civic affairs. We work to promote a safe, comfortable, and thriving urban neighborhood bordering downtown Bellingham, Washington.
As a neighborhood, we are involved in planning for the future, historic preservation, traffic and pedestrian safety, social events, and park improvements. If you live or work in the York Neighborhood, we hope youll get involved!
Use our contact page to subscribe to the YNA List and indicate other interests.
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 7:00pm
Location: Garden Street United Methodist Church, 1326 North Garden Street
If you need child care at the meeting, please let us know by contacting VicePresident@YorkNeighborhood.org so we can plan.
6:30pm Taco supper (unconfirmed)
Our beverage will be Bellinghams OWN delicious water.
Coffee provided by Nelsons Market/Marlins Cafe.
- Executive Committee election results, MNAC nominations and appointments
- Officer Eric Osterkamp
7:00pm Business Meeting / Presentations
- Housing discussion
with Sean Wheeler
- Pending Lakeway & Lincoln pedestrian and bicycle safety project (ES-538)
with Bellingham Transportation Planner Chris Comeau & Freeman (Fritz) Anthony. The project is "intended to improve mobility and safety for pedestrians and cyclists across busy arterials and through the Puget and York neighborhoods. It will include the installation of four new Hi-intensity Crosswalks (HAWK) SIGNALS."
- Accessory Dwelling Unit. An additional residential unit on a lot.
- Detached ADU. An ADU with no significant connection (adjoining wall) to the primary dwelling unit of a given lot.
- Attached ADU. An ADU with significant connection (adjoining wall) to the primary dwelling unit of a given lot. An AADU can also be a partitioned off residence within the structure of the primary dwelling unit.
Date/Time: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 8am
Location: Garden Street United Methodist Church, 1326 N Garden StTopics:
Contact: Anne Mackie, Chair
Contact: Don Hilty-Jones
The York RATS pick up litter and cans to keep our neighborhood clean! Join us every other Saturday at 8:30am in front of Nelsons Market.
Contact: Looking for a new lead!
If you have a presentation you would like to give or a question to place before Yorkers and neighbors, we would love to hear from you. Please contact our President or Vice President, Kim Bogren Owen, or Tom Scott, respectively, and we will discuss opportunities. Please note meeting time can be limited, and contacting us well in advance really helps us allocate time for your topic.